1. The name of the library is Library & Information Resources Centre.
2. The Library shall remain open from 8.00 AM to 12:00 PM on all working days and from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays except on National holidays and festivals of National importance. The Director may change the timing from time to time keeping in view the needs of the readers.
3 All the persons entering the Library shall have to sign the visitors register.
4. All the personal belongings comprising of bags, attaché cases, brief cases etc. shall be deposited in the cloak room against a token. However, the person at the counter shall, not be responsible for the cash, jewelry or other valuable items present in belongings.
5. The readers shall maintain silence in the Library and smoking and spitting is strictly prohibited.
6. A student can borrow the No. of books as admissible at a time from the Library on producing ID proof.
7. The period of loan for students will be 15 days extensible by another 15 days if another student does not require the same book. The books may be recalled earlier, if necessary. A fine of Re.1/- per day will be charged for the period books are kept overdue.
8. The faculty can borrow 10 books at a time for a period of 30 days and other staff comprising of administrative staff and ministerial staff of the Institute can borrow 2 books at a time for a period of 20 days. However, all the interested readers will have to register themselves with library duly recommended by HOD/ Registrar.
9. Librarian can recall any book from any library member comprising of faculty or administrative staff and other staff of the Institute before due date. After expiry of due date a fine of Re 1/-per day will be charged.
10. Borrowers shall keep the books clean, avoid defacing or tearing of pages and protect from any damage. The borrower before leaving the circulation counter shall make it sure that the books loaned to him/her is/are in good condition.
In case of negative he/she should bring it to the notice of the staff on duty at the circulation counter. Otherwise he/she shall held responsible for any damage found later on.
12. In case of loss/damage of any book a reader shall have to replace the latest library edition of the book or have to pay the price prevalent at the time of the loss of the document. If the cost is in foreign currency, the latest conversion rates will be applicable. In addition a reader shall have to bear10% extra of the cost charged.
13. All reference books and other books placed in the text/reference section will not be issued. The same can be consulted in the library.
14. No demand certificate cannot be issued until all the books outstanding against the reader/me are returned and/or the dues paid, if any.
15. Any violation of library rules can render to cancellation of library membership and no book can be borrowed by such person from the library.
16. In case any reader is found stealing a document or found having damaged the book in any manner he/she will be penalized as deemed fit by the library/disciplinary committee.
17. Research scholars and contractual faculty can avail the library facility against the refundable deposit of Rs.5000/- and on the recommendation of the concerned Head of the Department. M.tech students can avail the library facility against a library deposit of Rs.3000/- and on the recommendation of the concerned HOD.The research scholars and the contractual faculty will be issued 05 books at a time, and the M.Tech students 03 books for 15 days and renewable by another 15 days if the book/s is/are not in demand.
18. Reference Hall and other reading and study rooms should be strictly used for reading purposes only. No side talking or gossiping is allowed. 21. The internet facility should be strictly used for accessing the e-resources only. Anybody indulging in any misuse of computers will be penalized.
19. Loose issues of the journals are not issuable. However in case of exigency, if issued journal is lost by the reader, he/she shall have to replace the whole set or pay the cost of whole set of journal.